- Plan your storage space. Place items you could need to access in the front. Allow walkways.
- Make an inventory of your items. Keep it in a safe place or in a safety box.
- Place your storage items on pallets to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold or dump.
- DO NOT store anything combustible.
- Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking. Be sure your boxes are strong enough to hold up to 10 kg. (It is better not to put to much in each box, especially books and pape due to their weight).
- List contests of boxes on all four sides; number the boxes and seal with tape.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in paper and packed in stardy boxes. Stack them on top.
- Pictures and mirros should be wrapped in bubble wrap and cardboard, marked FRAGILE and stacked on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilizes as storage places for pictures, knick-knacks, silverware and small items.
- Larger appliances make excellent paking cases for blankets, towels and clothes.
- Sofas and seats can be stored on end to save floor space. Always place a protective cover under the items on the floor.
- Cover stuffed furniture with cardboard or blankets to protect agains dust.
- Rent the smallest amount of space you need and pack the space full, except for walkways in larger units.
- Use a good quality lock on your door.
- To prevent bug infestation and rodents, no food or food items can be stored.
- Put TV and electronic in the rear of your unit, typically on top of your heaviest pieces like dressers and cover.
Box Up Self Storage