You ask: Box Up answers
First of all, how should I pack?
- Always use good quality boxes
- Make sure you have filled up the boxes to avoid squeezing
- Heavy items such as books, CDs, and disks, must be placed in small boxes, in order to make the transport easier
- Clean your garden tools
- Empty the tank of moped, mower, etc.before storing them
- Don’t place heavy items on top of the delicate ones
- Always be sure to wrap your furniture with protective blankets
- Always place pictures and mirrors vertically, not horizontally
- Disassemble your furniture to save space
- Do not store flammable items
- Do not store items that can go bad
- Do not store wet or damp items
- Do not store important items, like keys or passports
- Do not store valuables, like cash or jewelry
- Finally, call us if you need further advice
What objects can I store?
You can deposit any type of object, but there are restrictions due to security reasons:
- You can’t left flammable items in your storage. So make sure you have removed the fuel from your motorcycle tanks or other machinery that may have one.
- Articles that can explode are prohibited. For example the gas cylinder for a garden grill should never be left in the storage.
- Items that expire can not be deposited. Always be sure to empty your refrigerators and freezers .
- Any type of pet.
- Illegal items
Do not hesitate to contact one of our experts for any advice.
Can I access my things once they are kept in the Box Up centre?
Yes, you can independently visit our centre every day of the year.
Will my things be safe?
Box Up does its best to make sure that your belongings are kept in secure,clean and dry rooms. Every box is individually alarmed and padlocked.
We have invested in the most modern video surveillance systems with recording and alarms connected to a private security agency.
Are my things covered by insurance ?
The insurance is mandatory. When you rent your space you have to take out an insurance policy (attached to the contract).
Your goods are then insured against major risks, such as fire and burglary.
Ask our staff information on the cost of the insurance and the different levels of coverage.
Should I book a Box Up space in advance?
It usually is not necessary.
How much notice do I have to give before leaving BoxUP?
We require advance notice of 15 days. Otherwise the contract is renewed month to month automatically .
Who else has access to my space?
Nobody. You will receive a personal access code. If you want someone to have access to your space, you will need to confirm it in writing.
The key to your room is yours and only you possessed.
How can I pay?
We accept all payment systems: cash, direct debit, bank transfer, Visa, Mastercard, ATM card, Diners, BankAmericard.
You can also pay online or with automatic charge to your credit card.
Have I to pay everything in advance?
It is not necessary to pay for everything in advance.
When you sign your contract you will only pay a month deposit which will be returned to you when you will empty your space.
Most promotions require prepayment.
What is the minimum period?
The shortest contract period is one month.
What is the maximum period?
You can leave your things as long as you need.
Can I talk to anyone at the centre if there might be any problem?
Yes, in the opening hours of our reception. From Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm and on Saturday from 10am to 5.30pm
Do you have an office where I can meet my clients?
Yes, we have offices available even only for one day. Ask for prices based on the size and the services requested.